Saturday, July 28, 2012

Defining Happiness

What exactly is happiness? We know it is not material things or most of us would be very happy.

For me, if I strip away everything superficial and get to the core of things, happiness is:

  • A strong spiritual foundation (spiritual, not religious, but we will save that for another post)
  • Good health
  • Quality relationships with the people I love, like admire, etc.
  • The ability to support myself with something I love to do
  •  
That's basically it! That's all I need to be truely happy, content, fulfilled and satisfied with my life. Of course other components come into play, but if I only had the things listed above, I would be happy.

Your happiness needs may be entirely different from mine, as we are all individual, but the methods we can use to change our lives are still the same.

Think about it: If you could only choose 5 areas of your life that are directly connected to your happiness, what would they be?

Once you have figured out what makes you happy, it's time to look at ways to cultivate your happiness.